In-Person Mini Events
A mini event is any event that is held during the year where a portion of the proceeds benefit the Bennett Cancer Center's Hope in Motion Walk. A mini event is a great way to build team camaraderie while raising funds for the Walk. Anything fun that brings people together can be used as a fundraising opportunity.
Events can have a single organizer, involve just one person or a large group of people or fall anywhere in between. Mini events can be shared with a small circle of friends or opened to the greater Hope in Motion Walk community.
A mini event can be anthing-let your creativity guide you! Or, look at our list, pick one (or more) that interests you and start raising funds now. Put the "fun" back in "fundraising," all while helping the Bennett Canceer Center patients.
Some examples of mini events:
- Tag sales
- Car washes
- Bake sales
- Golf, softball or tennis tournaments
- Ask your favorite local restaurant to donate a percentage of their proceeds on a given night
- Ask your favorite dry cleaner and hair salon, to donate a percentage on a given day
- Host a special screening at a local movie theater
- Clothing/jewelry, trunk shows
- Happy hours
- Wine tastings/beer tastings
- Super Bowl or March Madness 50/50 pools
- Jump-a-thons (think pre-school or elementary school aged children)
- Hit-a-thons (think Little League!)
- Hop-a-thons Spin-a-thons (think gyms!)
- Sell stuff on eBay or Craigslist
- Hold a Tupperware or Pampered Chef event
Corporate Mini Events are a great way to fundraise and team build in the workplace. Gather your co-workers and participate in a hobby or activity you already enjoy.
Have fun (and fundraise) together!
- Bake sale
- Potluck lunch
- Dress down day
- 50/50 drawing
- Donation jars
- Departmental team challenges